Lake Matoaka Amphitheatre Renovation
College of William and Mary,
BUILT IN 1947 for Paul Green’s drama, “The Common Glory,” depicting the story of Revolutionary-era Williamsburg, the Lake Matoaka Amphitheatre was a hub of campus activity. When the play ended in 1976, the theatre began to deteriorate. Glavé & Holmes Architecture was selected by the College of William & Mary to restore Lake Matoaka for use by student groups as well as local performers and touring artists. The renovated facility has a new stage, the capacity to seat up to 1,200, ADA access ramps, underground utilities, a ticket office, and restrooms.